Updated: September 2016
To download the latest Statement of Direction click here
This Statement of Direction outlines the future direction and planned areas of innovation for the FOEX Plugin Framework. The intent of this section is to help our customers and partners establish appropriate plans and guidelines for their investments today, while keeping an eye on the horizon of future innovations being delivered by FOEX GmbH. It is meant to be directional in nature and articulates the enhancements and upgrades that are planned to be delivered over the next 12 months.
The FOEX Plugin Framework v3.0
Version 3.0 of the FOEX Plugin Framework will focus on enhancements brought to the framework’s existing functionality and introduce new features, as follows:
1. Upgrade to Ext JS 6.2 - this version introduces several new components and provides numerous enhancements across the framework from MVC improvements to new tooling features etc.
2. Triton Theme - a new theme with a modern, minimalistic and flat design
3. Tablet support - with FOEX v3.0 you'll be able to run your applications also on tablet devices
4. Grid improvements - numerous improvements to the Grid, including but not limited to
- querry by example,
- row action menu,
5. Improved keyboard navigation - ease up accessibility and facilitate navigation through different components using just the keyboard
6. Improved documentation - new tutorials, component demos and video how to's
As part of the company’s long term vision and strategy, FOEX intends to continue enhancing the FOEX Plugin Framework at regular time intervals, by introducing new features or developing add-ons.
After the official release of version 3.0, FOEX is planning to focus on several key areas that are part of the company’s growth and product strategy, which in turn will add increased functionality and usability to our users.
Guided by our mission and vision to transform the way data-oriented web applications are being built, we will continue to innovate, focus on bringing to market a robust development framework and make it easy for our customers and partners to leverage the great diversity of technologies which the FOEX Plugin Framework combines.
Going forward we are committed to invest deeply in our strategy to deliver the most powerful and impactful Rapid Application Development framework for enterprise-grade web applications based on Oracle technologies.
THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS PAGE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY AND IS INTENDED SOLELY TO ASSIT YOU IN PLANNING FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION AND UPGRADE OF THE FEATURES DESCRIBED. IT SHOULD NOT BE SEEN AS A COMMITMENT TO DELIVER ANY MATERIAL, CODE OR FUNCTIONALITY, AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON IN MAKING PURCHASING DECISIONS.
THE DEVELOPMENT, RELEASE AND TIMING OF ANY FEATURES OR FUNCTIONALITY DESCRIBED HERE REMAINS AT THE SOLE DISCRETION OF FOEX GMBH. DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE PRODUCT'S ARCHITECTURE, IT MAY NOT BE POSSIBLE TO SAFELY INCLUDE ALL FEATURES DESCRIBED HERE WITHOUT RISKING SIGNIFICANT DESTABILIZATION OF THE CODE.